28 October 2006

WOOOOOHOOOOO

Right now I'm in Jinja and the internet here is so freaking slow, but that's ok, because I get to tell you about yesterday! Yesterday I met my supervisor and counterpart, the people I will be working with for the next two years! And.... (duhn duhn duhn...) they're nuns! That's right, I'm living at a convent! I am SO excited. My counterpart is a nurse (it's common here for health centers to be connected to churches), and she goes around and does health outreach regarding immunizations! So, this is pretty much the BEST NEWS EVER! I get to work with a clinic, I get to work with a nurse.... oh man. I still have training until the end of November, but I get to go on a "site visit" to scope things out- that will be from Nov. 8th-11th. I can't wait. Apparently my house is awesome too. I am SO excited to be working with the sisters- I'll describe everything in more detail when I have a little more time to write!

Really quick, before I go- I was just at the source of the Nile! It's beautiful! I really want to post pictures, but I'm never at a computer that is fast enough. Maybe when I come back through Kampala on the way home from my site visit, maybe I will have enough time to sit in an internet cafe for a few hours!

6 Comments:

At 29 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gigi!!!
This is so cool hearing all about what's going on with you! So excited for you - keep updating whenever you can!
Love ya girl!
ChiChi

 
At 31 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your site visit coming up. And I can't help but laugh when I hear those roosters in the background when we talk on the phone:) Love, Mom

 
At 31 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaa, you have your assignment and have passed your language proficiency test. You are a stud. You are an amazing muzungu!!! Yes you are.

 
At 05 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica, Just wanted to say Hi and that I enjoyed reading what you have been up to so far! and we think of you everytime we look at the paint jobs you did both home and the birth center:-)

Love ya!
Thalia

 
At 07 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I'm not sure if you even intended to send me the URL to your Uganda blog (and when it first showed up in my inbox, I thought it was spam, but somehow it rang a bell), but I wanted you to know that have been enjoying reading it! And, I won't feel like a stalker-reader now that I've posted this!

Best of luck, and thanks for sharing your adventure!

 
At 10 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jess.....my computer has been on the fritz for a while but am up and running again so I hopefully won't miss any of your postings....we love reading them and am amazed that you have nothing but good things to say. What a wonderful outlook you have. Take care, we're thinking about you......love, Aunt Margie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home