28 November 2006

Soon!

I'm in Kampala for the next few days, shopping and having meetings before we swear-in on the 30th!

Swearing-in is definitely going to be one of the most important days of my life thus far. I know that, to everyone back home, the day that I left for Africa was the day I became a Peace Corps Volunteer. But, that's simply not true. The day I left for Africa was the day I became a trainee. Now I've been through training, and swearing-in day is a little like a graduation, but about 100 times more important. Not only does it mean I'm finished with training, it means I'm starting what I came here to do! It's basically your graduation and the first day of your really awesome dream-job, combined into one!

3 Comments:

At 28 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, here is hoping your "graduation" was truly the beginning of what you are there for. What wonderful stories you will be able to share with the rest of us, not that we aren't all enjoying your postings now. You are amazing and congratulations on all that you have done so far. We love you, honey.....Uncle Eddie and Aunt Margie

 
At 29 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kulika Nakivumbi! (Congratulations, Jessica!)

 
At 30 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica,

By the time you get to read this, you will no longer be a PCT, but a PCV!

CONGRATULATONS!!! What an accomplishment. Now to do what you set forth to do.

Be careful

Miss you

Love you

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home