04 December 2006

Here!

I got to my site Friday evening, didn’t do anything too exciting. My counterpart came and saw me and said a nice prayer for me; I unpacked a little and then went to bed. Saturday morning was more unpacking, and Saturday afternoon was so much fun! The nuns that I’m working for were founded on 3 December 1910, so this weekend was full of celebrations! Saturday we marched around the village, accompanied by a brass band- just imagine me and hundreds of nuns all dressed in blue and marching down a dirt road and singing! It was great fun!!! Sunday, the actual anniversary date, was a huge celebration- first, there was a four-hour-long mass, then lunch, then lots of speeches and singing and dance performances. Also lots and lots of fun! Today I went to the clinic in the morning, and then my counterpart did some errands in the nearest big town, and I also got to go along. Things are good so far!

1 Comments:

At 18 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a dress code...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home